Wednesday, July 25, 2007

#13 Tagging & Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The site was founded by in 2003, and is now part of Yahoo!.

The most popular bookmarked site is "10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration"

(http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/10-tips-for-razor-sharp-concentration.html)

I and 211 other people bookmarked this site, although only a few bothered to comment about.

I believe that organization is important, but what you really need is focus. Being able to sit down and concentrate intensely on your work for a few hours. Even a half hour of focused effort can get more done than an entire day of distraction and multitasking...
rinux

10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration Razor Writing to-do lists and keeping a schedule may keep you organized, but does it really help you get more done? I believe that organization is important, but what you really need is focus. Being able to sit down...
lei.zhang


* * *

Since I spend a great deal of time reading and reviewing books, I already have a preconceived idea in my mind what I'm going to put down on paper. This approach lessens the chance of developing "writer's block." Very rarely does the blank sheet of paper remain blank for long - unless I'm procrastinating putting the words to paper. Unlike alot of people who can't write without background noise, I need it from time to time. Background noise is not just listening to music or the radio, but surfing the web, reading e-mail, and watching movies.

At this point, I'm not completely convinced about the value of del.icio.us other than the ability to share bookmarks with others, but you can do that as a moderator of a blog or as a member of a news group, MySpace, or Facebook. IMHO, none of the content being shared on del.icio.us was particularly interesting or useful.

No comments: